Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
Location: Beacon School, 801 W Union St, Athens, OH
Wage: Commensurate w/ qualifications; Minimum of $35K
Benefits: Excellent benefits including comprehensive health and life insurance plus generous paid time off and participation in OH Public EE Retirement System (OPERS)
Schedule: M–F, 8 am – 4:30 pm or as arranged
- HS diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Successful experience in administrative support or other administrative role required.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Requires high-level tact, interpersonal, negotiating, analytical, leadership and judgment skills to interact effectively with a diverse scope of contacts inside and outside the organization.
- Strong customer service orientation with a professional and approachable presence.
- Effective organizational skills. Must be capable of managing multiple tasks and maintain complete organization of those tasks and record for the Superintendent and any who may require, receive or provide information to the Superintendent’s office.
- Computer proficiency with ability to learn and navigate a variety of software. Must be knowledgeable in office software to serve as a resource for other staff to answer questions and give guidance of the software used.
- Experience working with confidential information
- Knowledge of community resources
- Skill in preparing accurate and concise reports and records
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, and an acceptable driving record for agency insurance carrier
- Experience in the DD field preferred
- Provides executive level administrative support to the Superintendent and other directors as needed. Provides information and support to the seven member governing board. Assists county officials and the general public in complying with all board policies. Provides leadership role to peers as to procedure, business style and efficiency.
- Responsible for preparing, organizing, analyzing, and tracking all executive and administrative duties of the Superintendent.
- Drafts, proofs, and formally prepares from often minimal basic information, instruction or guidance a variety of complex and confidential materials.
- Manages and maintains agency documents.
- Assists with agency compliance by keeping agency documentation and information consistent with current Ohio Revised and Administrative Codes, the Ohio Department of DD Rules and OACB policies and procedures.
- Serves as key public relations figure as point of contact for many public events, creation of advertising and other current PR materials.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Posting Dates: April 26, 2017 – May 12, 2017 or until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a successful candidate is identified.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and list of at least three professional references to email@example.com or complete an application at Beacon School, 801 W Union St, Athens, OH 45701. Internal applications will be given priority in screening and selection.
Working conditions may exist that do not normally exist in the occupation of a public employee. These conditions may include: exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable diseases, potential infectious materials, hazardous chemicals and/or aggressive behaviors.
ACBDD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.